United Methodist Committee On Relief
The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) comes alongside those who suffer from natural or human-caused disasters-be it famine, hurricane, war, flood, fire or other events-to alleviate suffering and to be a source of help and hope for those left more vulnerable.
- They provide relief, response, and long-term recovery grants when these events overwhelm a community’s ability to recover on their own.
- They provide technical support and training for partners to address emerging and ongoing issues related to disaster relief, recovery and long-term health and development.
- When disaster strikes outside the United States UMCOR serves as the primary channel for United Methodist assistance.
- They work with annual conferences, aide organizations and partnerships around the world to assist our neighbors locally and globally.
- Areas of Impact focus on: Disaster Response & Recovery, Migration, Hunger & Poverty, Water & Sanitation, Global Health, Creation Care, Women and Children, Sustainable Development.
Learn more about the many ways UMCOR serves the world at https://umcmission.org/umcor.
Financial donations to UMCOR may be given using the white mission envelope behind the sanctuary or given online at stmarkscarmel.org/give.