United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in global ministries of the church.
- You may not know that United Methodist Women of Indiana own and operate a facility for men & women rebuilding their lives after substance abuse. The Lucille Raines Residence (LRR) is an awesome mission right here in Indianapolis. The Talk, Tour & Lunch is scheduled for Tuesday, October 3, 10:30 a.m., carpooling from the church at 9:15 a.m. RSVP by noon October 2 to email@example.com or 317-850-1227. Cost $8.00. We look forward to seeing you.
Epworth Forest Conference Center, Dueker Waterfront Lodge in North Webster, IN
Retreat with us for a camp style weekend of friendship, reflection and spiritual renewal led by Pastor Mary Ann Moman. Saturday and Sunday, October 28 - 29 Click here to register!
- Cost is $40 per person and includes dormitory (bunk) style housing, linens, retreat materials and three meals.
- Space is limited to 30 registrants. There will be a waiting list, so please contact a committee member if you register and are unable to attend.
- Please make checks payable to UMW and drop off or send to the church.
St. Mark's United Methodist Women
4780 E. 126th St.
Carmel, IN 46033
- Contact Miriam Taylor with any questions.
UMW meetings monthly, on the second Tuesday of each month from September to May. We offer two meeting times - 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM. We hope you will join us!
- FALL KICK OFF: Tuesday, September 12, 9:00 AM & 7:00 PM
9 AM– Pitch-In Brunch and 7 PM– Pitch-In Salad (Newcomers please be our guests) Guest speaker will be Susan Bennett from UMC Children's Home in Lebanon.
- St. Mark’s UMW mission focus for September is All Worthy of Love, an organization that helps those affected by human trafficking. Help support this non-profit by donating items for hygiene kits: travel-sized shampoo, body wash, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, chapstick, nail file, hair brush, etc. The red mission tote will be at the welcome table during the September 12 Kick-Off and by the UMW bulletin board the rest of the month. Thank you for your support!
Make reservations for child care.
Morning Interest Groups
- SPIRITUAL GROWTH Facilitator: Pastor Mary Ann Moman
- This group will use the book Between the Dark and the Daylight by Joan Chittister. The subtitle of the book suggests we will look at the contradictions of life as a source of spiritual strength. Books will be available at the September Kick-Off.
- BOOKWORMS Facilitator: Robyn Robeson
Bookworms will hold a brief meeting where we will discuss what books you would like to read this year. So come join us and bring ideas for books.
- MAKE IT AND TAKE IT Facilitators: Marilyn Roberts and Kathy Dycus
Discover your inner creativity each month as we make a craft or food item to take home. There will be a brief preview of things that we plan to make during the UMW year.
- COLOR AND CHAT Facilitator: Becky Mills
Coloring isn’t just for kids! Come enjoy fellowship while coloring with UMW friends. This group will color and discuss pages with inspirational quotes and scriptures.
- BOOKMARKERS: Facilitator Deb Skinner
This group will briefly meet at the evening September Kick-Off and discuss possible books to read for the coming UMW year.
- SPIRITUAL REFLECTIONS: Facilitator Holly Moore
Applying biblical study to our everyday lives. This group uses a series of videos and study guides to help us apply the teachings of Jesus to our life challenges.
UMW Reading Program
A nation-wide program that seeks to broaden members’ exposure to a variety of topics.
During the year the group reads books from five categories.
- Two reading categories, Social Action and Spiritual Growth, remain to complete the 2017 National Reading Program year.
- The group will NOT meet on August 28 or October 23 as originally scheduled. The discussion group will meet again starting in January of 2018.
- Pick up more information on the reading program in the St. Mark’s library on the UMW shelf. The book list is provided to UMW’s around the World. If you have any questions about the UMW reading program do not hesitate to contact Kathy Lentz.
Click here to find out more about UMW.