United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in global ministries of the church.
Legislative and Advocate Day
- Thursday, March 8, 10 AM-3PM
SOUTHPORT UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 1947 E.. Southport Rd, Indianapolis, IN
Each year United Methodist Women of Indiana and Church Women United of Indiana work together to create an event known as “Legislative and Advocacy Day.” This years focus is Criminalization of Communities of Color . Lunch is available with advance registration. Register (before 3/5) with Susan Clark, email@example.com or call 260)224-5429 between 6 PM & 9 PM.
Registration $10 payable at the door. Onsite registration may not include lunch. Contact Kathy Lentz with any questions
United Methodist Women Assembly 2018
- Plan now to attend this 150 year old movement of United Methodist Women as we gather at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio, to celebrate THE POWER OF BOLD May 18-20, 2018! To register online go to the Assembly 2018 website www.umwassembly.org!
2018 UMW Retreat
- As we begin gathering ideas for a 2018 UMW Spiritual Retreat we are searching for an individual or individuals who would be interested in leading the event this year. Could it be you? Please consider using your talents to lead this year’s retreat.
Please contact one of us to volunteer: Pastor Mary Ann Moman, Susan Salter, or Barbie Schmenner
UMW meetings monthly, on the second Tuesday of each month from September to May. We offer two meeting times - 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM. We hope you will join us!
Childcare is available by registering your child on Sign Up Genius at least 72 hours in advance.
Make reservations for child care.
Morning Interest Groups
- SPIRITUAL GROWTH Facilitator: Pastor Mary Ann Moman
This group will use the book Between the Dark and the Daylight by Joan Chittister. The subtitle of the book suggests we will look at the contradictions of life as a source of spiritual strength. Books will be available at the September Kick-Off.
- BOOKWORMS Facilitator: Robyn Robeson
March - "And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer " by Frederik Backman
April - " A Single Act of Gratitude " by John Kralide
May - " Art of racing in the rain " by Garth Stein
- MAKE IT AND TAKE IT Facilitators: Marilyn Roberts and Kathy Dycus
Discover your inner creativity each month as we make a craft or food item to take home. There will be a brief preview of things that we plan to make during the UMW year.
- COLOR AND CHAT Facilitator: Becky Mills
Coloring isn’t just for kids! Come enjoy fellowship while coloring with UMW friends. This group will color and discuss pages with inspirational quotes and scriptures.
- BOOKMARKERS: Facilitator Deb Skinner
March-”Maisie Dobbs” by Jacqueline Winspear
April - "The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper" by Phaedra Patrick
- SPIRITUAL REFLECTIONS: Facilitator Holly Moore
Applying biblical study to our everyday lives. This group uses study series of videos and study guides to help us apply the teachings of Jesus to our life challenges. We’ll continue with “God Heard our Cry,” 5 faith lessons from Ray Vanderlaan.
UMW Reading Program
A nation-wide program that seeks to broaden members’ exposure to a variety of topics.
During the year the group reads books from five categories.
- March 26: Leadership Development
- April 30: Nurturing for Community
- August 27: Social Action
- October 29: Spiritual Growth
Click here to find out more about UMW.