United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in global ministries of the church.
- Trinkets and Treasures - May 26 and 27 - Bring your treasures to donate to the yearly rummage sale starting May 21.
Shop Friday 8 AM to 5 PM and Saturday 8 AM to Noon.
- Collect and Connect - May 27 - Bring bags of gently used clothes on Saturday morning between 9 AM and NOON.
UMW Retreat 2017
- When: Saturday, October 28th - Sunday, October 29th
- Where: Epworth Forest Conference Center, Webster, IN
- What: Plans are being made for a 2017 St. Mark’s United Methodist Women’s Retreat . The Duecker Waterfront Lodge has been reserved for a one night stay on the beautiful grounds of the conference center around Webster Lake. Come to “Camp” with fellow friends and enjoy being in nature as Mary Ann Moman leads us along our spiritual journey. If you’d like to be a part of the planning committee please contact Miriam Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-716-4430 .
UMW meetings monthly, on the second Tuesday of each month from September to May. We offer two meeting times - 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM. We hope you will join us!
- Meetings will resume September 2017
Morning Interest Groups
- Spiritual Growth: Facilitator Rodene G.
The Call: Living Sacramentally, Walking Justly by George McClain, Tilda Norberg, and Nancy Kruh. How do we respond to the call? This study is an invitation to deepen our spirituality by experiencing God, and to fully live out our call through a variety of ministries.
- Bookworms: Facilitator Jill G.
Come join us for coffee and a lively discussion of books that we will choose from a list compiled by the group.
- Make It and Take It: Facilitators Marilyn R. and Kathy D.
Discover your inner creativity each month as we make a craft or food item to take home.
- Color and Chat: Facilitator Becky M.
Coloring isn’t just for kids! Come enjoy fellowship while coloring with UMW friends. This group will color and discuss pages with inspirational quotes and scriptures.
- Bookmarkers: Facilitator Debbie S.
This group chooses books from a list compiled by the members. Join us for a discussion on a variety of topics.
- Spiritual Reflections: Facilitator Holly M.
This group will discuss the video series The Way: Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus by Adam Hamilton
- Telling Our Stories: Facilitator Mary Ann M.
Our women have fascinating and inspiring stories to tell. Each month we will hear from a different woman!
UMW Reading Program
A nation-wide program that seeks to broaden members’ exposure to a variety of topics.
During the year the group reads books from five categories.
- June 26 - Nurturing for Community
- August 28 - Social Action
- October 23 - Spiritual Growth
Pick up more information on the reading program in the St. Mark’s library on the UMW shelf. The book list is provided to UMW’s around the World. If you have any questions about the UMW reading program do not hesitate to contact Kathy Lentz.
Click here to find out more about UMW.