United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in global ministries of the church.
Visit to the Hope Center
- The Hope Center Indy offers a residential program for women who have been trafficked and are receiving counseling, education and a safe place to begin a new life.
- Two tours will be offered:
Tuesday, November 7 at 10 AM, meet at St. Mark's at 9 AM to carpool
Saturday, November 11, at 10:30 AM, meet at St. Mark's at 9:30 AM to carpool
- The sign up sheets will be available on a ministry table Sunday mornings, or email Pastor Mary Ann Moman.
Serving dinner at Brightwood Community Center - Wednesday, November 15
United Methodist Women Assembly 2018
- Plan now to attend this 150 year old movement of United Methodist Women as we gather at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio, to celebrate THE POWER OF BOLD May 18-20, 2018!
- Online Registration is expected to open September 1, 2017. The Assembly 2018 website is www.umwassembly.org!
UMW meetings monthly, on the second Tuesday of each month from September to May. We offer two meeting times - 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM. We hope you will join us!
- UMW Christmas Gathering - Tuesday, December 12, 7 PM
We will have a celebration of Christmas on December 12th. There will be a guest speaker, food, carols, and fun! Stay tuned for details.
Childcare is available by registering your child on Sign Up Genius at least 72 hours in advance.
Make reservations for child care.
Morning Interest Groups
- SPIRITUAL GROWTH Facilitator: Pastor Mary Ann Moman
This group will use the book Between the Dark and the Daylight by Joan Chittister. The subtitle of the book suggests we will look at the contradictions of life as a source of spiritual strength. Books will be available at the September Kick-Off.
- BOOKWORMS Facilitator: Robyn Robeson
Bookworms will hold a brief meeting where we will discuss what books you would like to read this year. So come join us and bring ideas for books.
- MAKE IT AND TAKE IT Facilitators: Marilyn Roberts and Kathy Dycus
Discover your inner creativity each month as we make a craft or food item to take home. There will be a brief preview of things that we plan to make during the UMW year.
- COLOR AND CHAT Facilitator: Becky Mills
Coloring isn’t just for kids! Come enjoy fellowship while coloring with UMW friends. This group will color and discuss pages with inspirational quotes and scriptures.
- BOOKMARKERS: Facilitator Deb Skinner
This group will briefly meet at the evening September Kick-Off and discuss possible books to read for the coming UMW year.
- SPIRITUAL REFLECTIONS: Facilitator Holly Moore
Applying biblical study to our everyday lives. This group uses a series of videos and study guides to help us apply the teachings of Jesus to our life challenges.
UMW Reading Program
A nation-wide program that seeks to broaden members’ exposure to a variety of topics.
During the year the group reads books from five categories.
- January: Education for Mission
- March: Leadership Development
- June: Nurturing for Community
- August: Social Action
- October: Spiritual Growth
Click here to find out more about UMW.