St. Mark’s United Methodist Church – Reopening Plan
The staff and Church Council have been working hard to develop a timeline for activities to return to the building that is faithful and safe which you will find below. It will still be awhile before we worship in the building and even when we do things will seem unusual. But we know this: God is still God and God’s Spirit is not contained by a physical location. Wherever we gather, be it in a church building or in our homes, God will be with us. — Pastor Brian
Guidelines for Attending In-Person Services
What to expect on Sundays
Worship Times: 9:00 AM The Current | 11:00AM Traditional service
Please stay at home if you are sick, until at least 10 days past initial symptoms, AND 3 days fever free (without medicine), AND no respiratory symptoms. Please consider staying at home if you are 65 or older or have an underlying health condition that puts you further at risk.
- Masks will be required. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Door #2 will open 15 minutes prior to the start of each service.
- Enter and exit through Door #2. Door will be locked during and in-between services.
- 70-75 people maximum for each worship service, no preregistration.
- Hand sanitization stations are available.
- All doors will be propped open for no contact entry.
- Every other pew will be utilized. When you enter sanctuary please fill pews front to back. Exit will happen from the rear of the sanctuary forward.
- Please separate yourself in pews from non-family members with 6 foot distance.
- Contact free worship. Order of worship will be guided using slides and offering baskets will be available in the rear of the sanctuary.
- Music will be provided by music ministry team with no congregational singing.
- Please vacate church immediately following worship in order to accommodate cleaning between services.
- Main bathrooms down the hall from the café will be available for emergency use. Unused areas of the building will be blocked for public access.
- Cleaning on main contact points will occur following each service.
- There will be no Sunday school classes, Kidz church, or nursery care provided.
Communion will be served the first Sunday of each month. Elements will be provided as you enter the sanctuary in prepackaged communion wafer and juice sets.