St. Mark’s United Methodist Church – COVID Information
For the past few months, we have continued to loosen our mask and distancing requirements within the building. We have required and will continue to require people to wear masks when traveling in the hallways and gathering areas of the church. We also continue to require all people, adults and students, to be masked when in the children’s wing of the church. In the recent past we have allowed people to unmask once they have reached their seats in the sanctuary or once they have reached their classroom. We are maintaining that policy at the present time, however, we would like to strongly encourage people to mask at all times, even in classrooms and the sanctuary. Please wear masks at all time in the building if you are not fully vaccinated.
So far, we have not traced any outbreaks of COVID-19 to our church building, and we want to continue to make St. Mark’s as safe a place as possible. The more people who voluntarily mask at all times the safer environment we can create. We will continue to provide livestreaming for worship services as well as providing in-person group meetings with Zoom-in (hybrid) options. We will continue to monitor the situation and hope we can balance safe practice with our desire to meet in-person as much as possible
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12, NIV)
What to expect at St. Mark’s
- Office hours
- Monday – Thursday 9 AM to 3 PM
- Friday 9 AM – 12 PM
- Masks are required in the hallways but may be removed when you reach your destination, if you are fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated people should remain masked at all times.
- Food & Drink will be allowed with restrictions – See St. Mark’s Food Policy
- Masks are required at all times in the Children’s wing.
- See below for what to expect on Sunday’s
- If you would like to schedule a meeting in the building, please complete the facility request form.
Guidelines for Attending In-Person Services
What to expect on Sundays
Worship Times: 8:15 AM & 11:00 AM Traditional | 9:40 AM the current
Please stay at home if you are sick, until at least 10 days past initial symptoms, AND 3 days fever free (without medicine), AND no respiratory symptoms.
- Enter and exit through Door #2.
- Hand sanitization stations are available.
- Masks will be required in the hallways and while people move to their selected seats. The ushers will no longer lead you to assigned seats; that is, you may sit where you like in the sanctuary.
- Non-vaccinated and immunocompromised group members should remain masked for their own protection.
- Once you have arrived at your seat, you may remove your mask. You are also free to continue wearing your mask even if you are vaccinated, and we ask that non-vaccinated people please continue wearing a mask. We ask all people to respect each person’s choice to mask or not to mask. We also ask people to respect other people’s choice to social distance.
- Hymnals and Bibles have been returned to the pews.
- Kidz Kits are available for families attending in-person worship services at St. Mark’s.
- Main bathrooms down the hall from the café will be available for use.
- Cleaning on main contact points will occur following each service.
- In-person Kidz Church and Nursery care will be provided 9:40 & 11 AM.
- Masks will continue to be required for all people throughout the children’s wing of the building and in the Club 56 Den.
- Student ministries for 12 and older will follow the guidelines of our local schools. For now, masks will be worn at all Cornerstone Youth activities and social distancing will be practiced.
Communion will be served the first Sunday of each month. Elements will be provided as you enter the sanctuary in prepackaged communion wafer and juice sets.