St. Mark’s United Methodist Church – Reopening Plan
The staff and Church Council have been working hard to develop a timeline for activities to return to the building that is faithful and safe which you will find below. It will still be awhile before we worship in the building and even when we do things will seem unusual. But we know this: God is still God and God’s Spirit is not contained by a physical location. Wherever we gather, be it in a church building or in our homes, God will be with us. — Pastor Brian
Thank you to all for your patience, perseverance, and care for our community as we continue to move forward through this time. We can’t wait for the day when we can all gather together as before. Whether or not you have chosen to return in-person worship services yet, we hope to see you at our many outdoor Summer ReConnect events (stmarkscarmel.org/summer) in June, July, and August.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12, NIV)
Guidelines for Attending In-Person Services
What to expect on Sundays
Worship Times: 8:15 AM & 11:00 AM Traditional | 9:40 AM the current
Please stay at home if you are sick, until at least 10 days past initial symptoms, AND 3 days fever free (without medicine), AND no respiratory symptoms.
- Enter and exit through Door #2.
- Hand sanitization stations are available.
- Masks will be required while people move to their selected seats. The ushers will no longer lead you to assigned seats; that is, you may sit where you like in the sanctuary.
- Once you have arrived at your seat, you may remove your mask. You are also free to continue wearing your mask even if you are vaccinated, and we ask that non-vaccinated people please continue wearing a mask. We ask all people to respect each person’s choice to mask or not to mask. We also ask people to respect other people’s choice to social distance.
- Hymnals and Bibles have been returned to the pews.
- Kidz Kits are available for families attending in-person worship services at St. Mark’s.
- Main bathrooms down the hall from the café will be available for use. Unused areas of the building will be blocked for public access.
- Cleaning on main contact points will occur following each service.
- In-person Kidz Church and Nursery care will resume on May 16 at 9:40 & 11 AM.
- Masks will continue to be required for all people throughout the children’s wing of the building and in the Club 56 Den.
- Student ministries for 12 and older will follow the guidelines of our local schools. For now, masks will be worn at all Cornerstone Youth activities and social distancing will be practiced.
Communion will be served the first Sunday of each month. Elements will be provided as you enter the sanctuary in prepackaged communion wafer and juice sets.