St. Mark’s United Methodist Church – COVID Information
For the past few months, we have continued to require masks while moving about the building, while allowing people to not mask once they are settled in a room. Recently, the CDC has updated their guidelines, and in response we are moving to a recommended but not required policy toward masking in the building. For the time being we will continue to require masks for volunteers in the children’s wing for the protection of children who cannot yet be vaccinated. Children can choose to mask or not to mask.
We do want to note that we have not traced any outbreaks of COVID-19 to our church building, and we want to continue to make St. Mark’s as safe a place as possible. The more people who voluntarily mask the safer the environment we can create.
We will continue to provide livestreaming for worship services as well as providing in-person group meetings with Zoom-in (hybrid) options.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12, NIV)
What to expect at St. Mark’s
- Office hours
- Monday – Thursday 9 AM to 3 PM
- Friday 9 AM – 12 PM
- Masks are recommended but not required, if you are fully vaccinated. It is recommended that unvaccinated people should remain masked.
- Masks are required for volunteers at all times in the Children’s wing.
- See below for what to expect on Sunday’s
- If you would like to schedule a meeting in the building, please complete the facility request form.
Guidelines for Attending In-Person Services
What to expect on Sundays
Worship Times: 8:15 AM & 11:00 AM Traditional | 9:40 AM the current
Please stay at home if you are sick, until at least 10 days past initial symptoms, AND 3 days fever free (without medicine), AND no respiratory symptoms.
- Enter and exit through Door #2.
- Hand sanitization stations are available.
- Masks are recommended but not required in the hallways and while people move to their selected seats. The ushers will no longer lead you to assigned seats; that is, you may sit where you like in the sanctuary.
- Non-vaccinated and immunocompromised group members should remain masked for their own protection.
- You are also free to wear your mask even if you are vaccinated, and we ask that non-vaccinated people please continue wearing a mask. We ask all people to respect each person’s choice to mask or not to mask. We also ask people to respect other people’s choice to social distance.
- Kidz Kits are available for families attending in-person worship services at St. Mark’s.
- In-person Kidz Church and Nursery care will be provided 9:40 & 11 AM.
- Masks will continue to be required for volunteers only throughout the children’s wing of the building and in the Club 56 Den.
- Student ministries for 12 and older will follow the guidelines of our local schools.
Communion will be served the first Sunday of each month. Elements will be provided as you enter the sanctuary in prepackaged communion wafer and juice sets.