St. Mark’s United Methodist Church – Reopening Plan
The staff and Church Council have been working hard to develop a timeline for activities to return to the building that is faithful and safe which you will find below. It will still be awhile before we worship in the building and even when we do things will seem unusual. But we know this: God is still God and God’s Spirit is not contained by a physical location. Wherever we gather, be it in a church building or in our homes, God will be with us. — Pastor Brian
Thank you to all for your patience, perseverance, and care for our community as we continue to move forward through this time. We can’t wait for the day when we can all gather together as before. Whether or not you have chosen to return in-person worship services yet, we hope to see you at our many outdoor Summer ReConnect events (stmarkscarmel.org/summer) in June, July, and August.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12, NIV)
Guidelines for Attending In-Person Services
What to expect on Sundays
Worship Times: 8:15 AM & 11:00 AM Traditional | 9:40 AM the current
Please stay at home if you are sick, until at least 10 days past initial symptoms, AND 3 days fever free (without medicine), AND no respiratory symptoms.
- Masks will be required. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Enter and exit through Door #2.
- 80-90 people maximum for each worship service.
- Hand sanitization stations are available.
- Every other pew will be utilized. When you enter sanctuary please fill pews front to back. Exit will happen from the rear of the sanctuary forward.
- Please separate yourself in pews from non-family members with 6 foot distance.
- Bulletins will be provided, singing and responsive readings allowed with masks.
- Hymnals and Bibles have been returned to the pews.
- Kidz Kits are available for families attending in-person worship services at St. Mark’s.
- Please gather in the church parking lot for fellowship following worship in order to accommodate cleaning between services.
- Main bathrooms down the hall from the café will be available for use. Unused areas of the building will be blocked for public access.
- Cleaning on main contact points will occur following each service.
- In-person Kidz Church and Nursery care will resume on May 16 at 9:40 AM only.
Communion will be served the first Sunday of each month. Elements will be provided as you enter the sanctuary in prepackaged communion wafer and juice sets.