Children’s Ministries Student Internship Opportunities at St. Mark’s UMC
Qualified candidates must have completed their sophomore year of high school.
Are you interested in learning more about a career that combines the enjoyment of working with children with your passion for ministry?
The Children’s Ministries department at St. Mark’s United Methodist Church in Carmel, Indiana is excited to announce paid internship opportunities for Summer 2023. Interns will get to experience working with children in an environment where Mission is a Way of Life! St. Mark’s UMC is a community of followers of Jesus Christ that strives to WELCOME all people, GROW in knowledge and grace, and SERVE our neighbors, locally and globally. If this is a mission you would like to help carry out, we would love to hear from you!
Work schedules will be flexible and approximately 15 hours per week during the summer months.
- Help prepare and lead weekly Sunday School classes for ages 6 weeks-6th grade.
- Assist in preparing and leading a week of Vacation Bible Camp (VBS).
- Accompany church Missions Director to Club 56 Mission Camp (for 5th & 6th graders).
- Have the opportunity to serve as a role model and assistant leader for middle schoolers at a week-long summer camp.
- Assist the Music Director at summer Puppet and Drama Camp for children.
- Plan fellowship and service opportunities over the summer for children of the church and in our local community.
- Learn what it’s like to work “behind the scenes” in a church environment.
- Have many more fun tasks suited to their specific gifts!
- Candidates should be interested in a job leading and interacting
with children; be comfortable working in a church setting; and be caring, compassionate, confident, and a team player. To be eligible, students
must have completed their sophomore year of high school.
Candidates are invited to send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in a St. Mark’s Children’s Ministries Internship
- A resume with relevant experience (volunteer or paid)
- A list of at least 3 character references
- Applications are being accepted now through Sunday, April 23
Contact Jackie Rowell or Jennifer Cawthorne at email@example.com, or call (317) 846-4912 with any questions or to learn more about this exciting opportunity! Applications are being accepted now and will be reviewed on a rolling basis with decisions communicated in April 2023.