Organist / Pianist
The organist will work in collaboration with the Lead Pastor and Director of Music of an Indianapolis suburban congregation of approximately 1, 250 members. The position will provide music to enhance the worship experience and provide accompaniment as needed for the choir and other ensembles.
- In conjunction with the Lead Pastor and Director of Music, provide organ/piano music during two traditional worship services weekly and special services to create a meaningful worship experience.
- Select music and perform for preludes, postludes, and offertory, in addition to hymns.
- Accompany the choir and orchestra.
- Provide music for weddings and funerals.
- Participate with all music activities as needed including the choir, orchestra, children’s choir, youth ministries and contract musicians.
- Work collaboratively with the Praise Service music leader.
- Accompany soloists and instrumentalists, etc.
- Promote worship and community concerts at St. Mark’s.
- Provides back-up for the Director of Music for vacations/illness.
Desirable Candidate Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in music with experience in organ accompaniment within a church.
- Thorough knowledge of church repertory music.
- Understands the importance of music in creating meaningful worship.
- Approachable and welcoming.
- Good listener and a sense of humor.
- Organized, thorough and patient.
- Works well in a collaborative environment with the pastors and staff.
- 15 hours per week.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee beginning September 23, 2020.