St. Mark’s currently has 2 open positions. We are looking for an organist/pianist and a contemporary music leader.
Organist / Pianist
The organist will work in collaboration with the Lead Pastor and Director of Music of an Indianapolis suburban congregation of approximately 1, 250 members. The position will provide music to enhance the worship experience and provide accompaniment as needed for the choir and other ensembles.
- In conjunction with the Lead Pastor and Director of Music, provide organ/piano music during two traditional worship services weekly and special services to create a meaningful worship experience.
- Select music and perform for preludes, postludes, and offertory, in addition to hymns.
- Accompany the choir and orchestra.
- Provide music for weddings and funerals.
- Participate with all music activities as needed including the choir, orchestra, children’s choir, youth ministries and contract musicians.
- Work collaboratively with the Praise Service music leader.
- Accompany soloists and instrumentalists, etc.
- Promote worship and community concerts at St. Mark’s.
- Provides back-up for the Director of Music for vacations/illness.
Desirable Candidate Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in music with experience in organ accompaniment within a church.
- Thorough knowledge of church repertory music.
- Understands the importance of music in creating meaningful worship.
- Approachable and welcoming.
- Good listener and a sense of humor.
- Organized, thorough and patient.
- Works well in a collaborative environment with the pastors and staff.
Estimated Hours – 15 hours per week
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com.
Contemporary Music Leader
St Marks is holding auditions for an open part time (15-20 hours) paid position on our contemporary music team. The Music Ministries Leader is responsible for planning, coordinating, and carrying out the music program for the current, our Sunday morning contemporary worship service. We are looking for proficiency in lead vocals for a contemporary worship experience; strong proficiency on guitar or keyboards; and experience in leading a music worship component for a mid-sized congregation.
- Worship Planning
- Collaborate with pastoral team, typically associate pastor
- Schedule rotating team members for band
- Create slides in ProPresenter for music with license information and lyrics; for both the Current and traditional services
- Worship Leading
- Lead music through song and instrument
- Gather all members of Sunday morning worship team to review order of worship and address any questions, concerns, or surprises
- Lead band practice once a week outside of Sunday morning soundcheck
- Lead worship transitions and have comfort with praying in front of congregation
- Co-leading the gettogether yearly with pastoral team. The gettogether is a yearly worship service that seeks to combine all services into one and is normally outside.
- Lead the sanctuary entertainment program for Holy Walk (occurs every other year)
- Explore new music and innovative ways to lead and engage others in worship
- Keep music and video license (CCLI and CVLI) up to date
Desirable Candidate Attributes
- Prefer degree in baccalaureate level of education/experience with music (singing as well as playing guitar and/or piano)
- Prior experience in leading worship music and leading others in worship
- Understands and demonstrates the importance music plays in creating a meaningful worship experience
- A team player who is willing to coordinate with multiple people for worship, including lay volunteers and working with the pastoral team for worship planning.
- Is organized and able to think creatively for problem-solving. Comfortable with adapting worship to fit community needs.
- Responsible, self-motivated, and personable.
Estimated Hours – 15-20 hours per week
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.