The Society of St. Andrew
october mission focus
The Society of St. Andrew salvages tractor-trailer loads of potatoes and other produce that are rejected by commercial markets or potato chip factories due to slight imperfections in size, shape, sugar content, or surface blemishes. Usually, these rejected loads end up at local landfills. Through the Potato & Produce Project, the Society of St. Andrew is able to redirect this fresh, nutritious produce to food banks, soup kitchens, food pantries and other hunger agencies for distribution to the poor. Click here for more information.
Accomplished in 2017
- 18.1 Million Pounds Gleaned from the Fields
- 10.4 Million Pounds Shipped in the Potato & Produce Project
- A total of 28.6 Million Pounds Collected and Distributed
- 86 Million Servings of Fresh Produce Provided
- 5960 Events Held and 37,482 Volunteers Engaged
Mark your calendar to help with our 2018 Potato Drop on Saturday, October 13, where we'll give away over 40,000 pounds of potatoes!
Watch this video for information on our potato partner!