The Society of St. Andrew
october mission focus
The Society of St. Andrew salvages tractor-trailer loads of potatoes and other produce that are rejected by commercial markets or potato chip factories due to slight imperfections in size, shape, sugar content, or surface blemishes. Usually, these rejected loads end up at local landfills. Through the Potato & Produce Project, the Society of St. Andrew is able to redirect this fresh, nutritious produce to food banks, soup kitchens, food pantries and other hunger agencies for distribution to the poor.
Accomplished January 1-september 30, 2017
- 13,689,093 Million Pounds Gleaned from the Fields
- 8,317,114 Million Pounds Shipped in the Potato & Produce Project
- A total of 22,006,207 Million Pounds Collected and Distributed
- 66,018,621 Million Servings of Fresh Produce Provided
- 4,153 Events Held 20,635 Volunteers Engaged
In partnership with the Society of St. Andrew, 42,000 pounds of potatoes were given away at St. Mark's in 2016! Thank you to our faithful volunteers that helped make it possible.
Watch this video for information on our potato partner!