It’s back to school time for our young St. Marker’s and a good time to check out the many books available in our church library for every reading level. Bibles for toddlers through teens and a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction books are shelved in the Children’s Corner and on the Teen Reading shelves.
- What is the Bible – How an ancient library of poems, letters, and stories can transform the way you think and feel about everything – by Rob Bell.
- The Shed that Fed a Million Children – The amazing story of Mary’s Meals, an organization that feeds more than a million chronically hungry children every day.
- The Story Keeper – by Lisa Wingate, nationally best-selling Christian novelist.
- A Treasury of Christian Poetry – a compilation of 700 beloved and inspiring poems by Mary Batchelor.
- It Will Be OK – Author Lysa TerKeurst shows a child that God can be trusted through fearful and changing situations.
- Moses - Best-selling Author Adam Hamilton’s newest book tracing the story of the reluctant prophet, weaving his own experiences into the narrative.
- The Bible/Man Devotional for Men – Stevenson describes 30 days which will change the way you see God, the Bible and yourself.
- Love Story – Karen Kingsbury’s latest novel about the Baxter family reminding us of the generational impact of love and the eternal bond of family.
- Grandma Was Right After All – by John Rosemond, author of “Parenting by the Book”. The author contends that the common sense parenting principles, backed by Biblical wisdom, are just as valid today as in Grandma’s day.
- What Happens When I Talk to God? – A beautifully illustrated book for children by Stormie Omartian, author of over 10 million books, including “Power of a Praying Parent”.
An anonymous donor has provided NIV Bibles for distribution to any interested St. Markers. You’ll find them on a cabinet in the library. Please help yourself.
Be sure to check out the latest new feature of our online catalog. Numerous versions of the Bible are available online with search capabilities and audible features. These can be accessed anywhere and anytime on your mobile device.
Click here to go to the online Bible
Questions and comments can be directed to the church librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org.