Looking for a good summer read?
Check out the St. Mark’s Library shelves where you will find many best-selling authors well represented. Remind your children (and grandchildren) to explore the Kids Corner as well.
- Shaped by God’s Heart – The Passion & Practices of Missional Churches – Recommended reading for all at the annual Methodist conference.
- A Lucky Life Interrupted - A memoir of hope – Journalist Tom Brokaw takes us along on his journey as he comes to grips with a diagnosis of multiple myeloma.
- The Prayer Box - A compelling story by novelist Lisa Wingate of faith, the healing power of love, and how both are often found in the most unlikely places.
- Hidden Figures (DVD) - The inspiring story of three brilliant African American women who played pivotal roles at NASA in John Glenn’s successful space orbit.
- Mark of the King - Christy Award-winning author Jocelyn Green inspires faith and courage in this 18th century frontier novel.
- The Reinhold Niebuhr Story -Jeremy Sabella brings us the story of this inner- city pastor and author of the Serenity Prayer, who some call the most influential theologian of the 20th century. An accompanying video documentary is also available on the AV shelves.
- Hallelujah Anyway: Rediscovering Mercy - Popular author Anne Lamott discusses the importance of both giving and receiving mercy.
- Counted with the Stars – Promising new author Connilyn Cossette brings us Biblical fiction and the story of Kiya, an Egyptian woman caught in the middle of the Hebrews’ flight from Egypt.
- Praying for Boys – Brooke McGlothlin suggests that we ask God for the things our sons need most with uplifting stories and Biblical wisdom.
- 20 Ways to Make Every Day Better – Best-selling author Joyce Meyer’s latest book giving us simple, practical changes which will produce real life-changing results.
- I Prayed for You – A beautifully illustrated board book which our youngest St. Markers will enjoy as they feel covered in prayer and surrounded by love.
An anonymous donor has provided NIV Bibles for distribution to any interested St. Markers. You’ll find them on a cabinet in the library. Please help yourself.
Be sure to check out the latest new feature of our online catalog. Numerous versions of the Bible are available online with search capabilities and audible features. These can be accessed anywhere and anytime on your mobile device.
Click here to go to the online Bible
Questions and comments can be directed to the church librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org.