Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian organization dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness and to making adequate affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Indianapolis - june mission focus
St. Mark’s is again partnering with others from the Indianapolis faith community at the Habitat Interfaith Build. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with other St. Markers and others from the Indianapolis faith community to help the Stone & Taylor families realize their dream of home-ownership. We have 2 build days: Saturday, October 7, and Saturday, November 18. Click here to sign up!
Below are some other ways to participate with Habitat:
Get more information about any of these projects at indyhabitat.org.
Want to help a family become a successful homeowner? Become a Partner/Advocate/Liason (PAL) Mentor! A PAL Mentor is a volunteer that takes on primary functions of support &communication with the partner family during the homeowner education and rehab/building process, on behalf of Habitat. A PAL Mentor will walk alongside the partner family for 1-2 years, becoming their main advocate outside of the Habitat for Humanity staff. If you are interested in this opportunity to help a family, contact Jennifer Brammer at Greater Indy Habitat 317-777-6084 or PAL Mentors:
- Identify community resources of use to the partner family.
- Follow up on class materials.
- Provide homeowner tips.
- Answer questions about the program.
- Meet with the family at least once a month to listen & encourage
Habitat for Humanity of Hamilton County
Partner families at Habitat for Humanity of Hamilton County need your help!
- Are you available Tuesdays and Thursdays to aide in construction with the Tiger Team? Contact Rachel Levite.
- Donate to and shop at the Habitat Restore. Are you planning a home-improvement project? When disposing of appliances, furniture, cabinets, building supplies, etc., please consider The ReStore! Your donations are tax-deductible and Habitat will even pick them up! To schedule a pickup, please call 317-896-9423. Get more information and see what’s available to buy at habitathamiltoncounty.org/restore.
- Volunteer at the Habitat ReStore. Contact them at 317-896-9423, ext. 4, or email@example.com.
To schedule a pick up or get more information, visit habitathamiltoncounty.org/donate or call (317) 896-9423 ext. 4.
Habitat for Humanity of Hamilton County ReStore
7998 Centerpointe Dr., Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46256
Hours: Wednesday-Saturday: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Sun/Mon/Tue: Closed