Fletcher Place Community Center
BREAKING THE CYCLE OF POVERTY THROUGH HOPE, COMPASSION & RENEWAL
Fletcher Place Community Center, located at the corner of State & Prospect in Indianapolis, believes that taking care of the community is something everyone can do. They work to help families who are coping with difficult times. From Christmas help to a free store, they work all year to support families throughout the community. Outreach services include: a Free Store, Food Pantry, Hot Meals, Community Garden, a Christmas program and Preschool. Volunteer opportunities range from serving a meal, sorting donations at the free store, stocking food in the food pantry, working in the Community Garden project, or helping with building upkeep. You can also help out with their annual Christmas Store in late November! Each year, generous volunteers put in thousands of hours at the center.
Financial donations may be given on Sundays during April using the white
mission envelope in the worship bulletin or given here.
More information is available at their website: fletcherplacecc.org or contact St. Mark’s Mission Coordinator, Liz Rix.
St. Mark's is their "Oatmeal Church" and we collect oatmeal for the Fletcher Place food pantry. Please bring donations of old fashioned oats (regular or quick) to St. Mark's and place in the food pantry bin inside Door #2.
Fletcher Place Christmas
During November we collect new items that are given to the Fletcher Place Community Center for their Christmas shopping service.
- Clothing for children ages 0-18 (infant-XXL); jeans, sweatshirts, sweaters, socks & underwear, hats & gloves
- Games & Toys – board games, art supplies, books, building toys i.e. Legos, blocks, etc.
- Teen gifts – sports equipment, journals, art supplies, wallets/purses (no makeup, please)
- Christmas Stockings - EMPTY
- Parent gifts – small kitchen items, blenders, bath towels, etc.
- Food – beans, rice, pasta, peanut butter, jelly, oatmeal, canned tuna, mac & cheese, toilet paper, canned fruits & veggies, fresh apples, potatoes, carrots & onions